With various large HVAC units, ducts, pipes and more, Bristol was looking to ensure that these RTUs (rooftop units) could be easily maintained.
Our team proposed a solution comprised of various galvanized non-penetrating 5003 Series RoofBarrier systems, aluminum crossovers and access ladders.
Looking For A Rooftop Safety Solution That Meets Hurricane Loadings
Bristol Myers Squibb believes in the power of science to address some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Their focus on these unmet needs comes during a remarkable time when unprecedented scientific breakthroughs are advancing the treatment of disease as never before in human history.
They work every day to transform patients’ lives through science. Each day, their employees worldwide work together to meet the needs of their patients. Bristol combines the agility of biotech with the reach and resources of an established pharmaceutical company to create a global leading biopharma company powered by talented individuals who drive scientific innovation.
With numerous advancements in oncology, hematology, immunology, and cardiovascular disease, they are dedicated to helping patients prevail over serious diseases.
Safety Challenge Requiring Experience
- A modular solution that is quick and easy for the contractor to install.
- One single supplier that can help provide the required roof safety products and be actively involved in delivering stamped drawings for the basis of design.
- Has experience working on large-scale design projects, as this project was valued at over $500,000.
- Can incorporate an aesthetically pleasing guardrail design, limiting visibility from the ground.
- Most importantly, be certified by a third party to meet hurricane loading requirements. While still requiring a non-penetrating solution to minimize roof damage, repairs, and potential leakage.
Transforming Rooftop Safety
Our team proposed a solution comprised of various galvanized non-penetrating 5003 Series RoofBarrier systems, aluminum crossovers and access ladders. In some areas of the roof, where ducts were located on the edge of the roof, we proposed a fixed guardrail system alongside the parapet. Here is what our solution was able to solve.
- The 5003 series is considered to be an architectural guardrail. It is a non-penetrating self-ballasted guardrail comprised of curved handrails, making the bars invisible when at ground level.
- Its modular design and lightweight material ensured a quick and easy installation. While also offering the opportunity to grow their safety needs further, as the roof plans expand to meet production requirements.
- Our company prides itself on being a one-stop shop to making rooftop safety access and compliance easy. With thousands of projects under our belt and years of experience working with contractors, engineers, consultants and building owners, Bristol felt at ease working with our height specialists.
- Create a safe passage around the roof, along with to and from each roof access point.
- We were one of the only suppliers to test this custom non-penetrating guardrail system with up to 60-mile winds with a third party to meet hurricane loading requirements for the area.