The Toronto Transit Commission Ensures Safe Access to Rooftop Units
- Platforms, stairs and guardrails designed to comply with all applicable loads, including OBC Part 3, OBC Part 4 and OSHA Reg. 851 S.14.
- Platforms and stairs designed for a concentrated live load capacity of 1.3 kN and distributed live load capacity of 1.5 kPa.
- Guardrails designed for a concentrated live load capacity of 1.0kN, compliant with OBC 18.104.22.168(b).
- Total dead load of system not to exceed 0.5 kPa.
- Dead load (0.5 kPa) plus live load (1.5 kPa) of platforms, guardrails, and stairs onto existing roof not to exceed 2.0 kPa, unfactored.
- Dead load plus live load (2.0 kPa) of platforms, stairs, and guardrails not to exceed a maximum concentrated load onto the existing roof of 1.3kN. Achieved by having support posts on 600mm centres, max.
- Customization capabilities as some of the rooftop units are not standard in size.
- Modular in design and installation.
- Lightweight while still being robust to support the load requirements.
- A permanent walkway, guardrail, platform and crossover solution.
- Made of long-lasting anti-corrosive material.
- Must meet a strict and short delivery time.