Rooftop designs are evolving at a rapid rate; not only are we seeing unique designs, but we are also seeing rooftops embrace green and solar technology to achieve their sustainability goals.
In addition to looking great, sustainable roofs can offer many benefits. They can manage the impacts of high volumes of rain, reduce energy costs and dependency, and ultimately make for a more sustainable future. But implementing a green roof is not as easy as setting up a garden bed on your roof, there’s a lot to think about: design, structure, irrigation, and optimization. We partnered with ZinCo Canada Inc. to help demystify sustainable rooftop solutions and help you decide if it’s right for your project. Or perhaps, you’re ready to improve an already-existing structure and wondering where to begin.
- Benefits of a sustainable and/or green rooftop
- How to go about auditing your roof when looking to go green
- Tips when selecting and installing a sustainable solution
- Understanding maintenance requirements & warranties
- Being sustainable requires a safe rooftop